4355 Ashford Dunwoody Road | Atlanta, Georgia 30346
Nestled on 42 acres of woodland in Ravinia Park, the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia occupies a prime location in Atlanta's Perimeter Center, near Buckhead, downtown Atlanta, and the Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. The hotel offers a quiet retreat highlighted by a series of waterfalls, terrace gardens, and surrounded by scenic winding footpaths. With 32,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space, the hotel also offers amenities like a refreshing indoor pool, fitness center, on-site restaurants, a full-service business center, and complimentary shuttle service within a two-mile radius. And it is within a close proximity to MARTA with accessibility to the airport.
Be a part of the onsite action. Please book accommodations before the deadline in order to receive the special discounted rate. Reserve your Room Here.
See the Accommodations page for more information.
City of Atlanta
We are pleased to welcome ICED2018 attendees to the beautiful city of Atlanta.
Atlanta is THE metropolis in the South East of the United States, rich in multicultural history and modernity, and globally connected by the busiest airport in the world. The theme for ICED 2018 is “Institutional Change: Voices, Identities, Power, and Outcomes,” and Atlanta is home to many institutions, landmarks, and businesses that have participated globally in this vital dialogue. Many attendees will want to extend their stay over the weekend to take full advantage of all the opportunities the city has to offer. Visit the Attractions page for more information.
Atlanta is one of the cradles of the Civil Rights movement.
- The Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change is a national historic site where nearly one million people each year visit to learn and be inspired.
- The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a museum dedicated to the achievements of both the civil rights movement in the United States and the broader worldwide human rights movement.
- Atlanta is also home to the AIDS Memorial Quilt, an enormous quilt that celebrates the lives of people who have died of AIDS-related causes, and cultivates awareness, support and healing for those affected.
- The Jimmy Carter Library and Museum houses the former president’s papers and administrative material, as well as his Nobel Peace Prize and a replica of the Oval Office.
Atlanta is also home to a rich artistic and cultural scene.
- The High Museum of Art is home to more than 14 thousand works in its permanent collection, along with partnerships with the Louvre and the Smithsonian.
- The Fernbank Museum of Natural History, which stands on 65 acres of the largest old-growth urban forest in the country, presents exhibitions and programming about natural history in its mission to encourage a greater appreciation of the planet and its people.
- The Fox Theatre is a national landmark that frequently hosts touring Broadway acts.
- In downtown Atlanta, you can visit Centennial Olympic Park, a 21 acre public space built for the 1996 Summer Olympics. The park is surrounded by many major Atlanta landmarks, including the Georgia World Congress Center, Georgia Dome, College Football Hall of Fame, and the Georgia Aquarium, the largest aquarium in the western hemisphere, home to several thousand species, where the conference banquet will be held.
- The Atlanta metro area is the 8th-largest economy in the United States, with the 3rd-largest concentration of Fortune 500 companies. Some of the world’s largest companies call Atlanta home, such as The Coca-Cola Company, CNN, and The Weather Channel. Atlanta is also host to some of the most thriving young companies, like Mailchimp and Yik Yak.
- With more than 30 colleges and universities in the metro area, Atlanta is a prominent center for excellence in education, with top research universities such as the Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University, as well as the largest consortium of historically Black colleges. The multiplicity of perspectives is sure to make every exchange at the conference stimulating and insightful.
Visit the Attractions page for more information.