Please Note: The Call for Proposals has closed. Thank you for your interest.
This page contains instructions on how to create a user account and how to submit a session proposal. After carefully reading and following the instructions below, if you are still having problems please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to assist you.
1. Create your ICED 2018 Conference User Account
All names listed on the session proposals must have a user account. Before submitting your session check that each of your co-presenters has created an account. The corresponding author will be the person who submits the proposal on behalf of the presenting team.
- Select the Create Account Here Button Below
- Enter your email address
- Enter First, Last Name and Institution
- Enter your Country, City and State or Province.
- Profile Image (optional): we encourage all users to upload a headshot profile photo. Presenter headshots are displayed on session and presenters pages.
- Bio (optional): we encourage all users to complete a biography. You can log into your account at anytime to complete the bio.
- Click the checkbox to confirm you are not a robot.
- After clicking on the Create Account button, you will be redirected to the homepage and further down the page you will see a confirmation message
- Check your email (and your spam folder). This email contains a link that confirms your account. Click this link and enter a new password
- Important:you must enter a new password and then hit save. If you do not change your password or hit save you will not be able to log back into your account.
2. Submit Your Session Proposal The Call for Proposals has closed. Thank you for your interest.
Prior to beginning your proposal submission, we highly encourage that you complete your proposal in a Microsoft word document first and then paste your answers into the relevant text box. To allow for blind review, ensure that all identifiers are removed from the abstract and description or substituted with XXXXs. If the session is accepted you will be able to edit the abstract. Only the user who submits the session will have the ability to make any edits to the abstract or presenters list prior to the deadline.
- Log in your ICED Conference User account and return to his page.
- Select the Submit Session Proposal Here Button at the bottom of this page
- Enter Session Title
- Select Your Proposal Format
- Enter Session Abstract:
Note: The abstract is limited to 100 words. Describe your session to help participants determine whether and how your session will benefit them. The abstract will be printed in the program exactly as provided. Please check for errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Enter Session Description:
Note: Supplement the abstract by providing additional information that addresses: (1) the theoretical or empirical framework for the session content, (2) the disciplinary perspective(s) of the presenter(s) and how the presenter(s) will engages participants from other disciplines, (3) expected outcomes for those who attend the session,(4) [for presentations] active learning strategies you will use in the session or [for posters] how you plan to present your work and engage attendees.
- Speaker(s) field should be populated with your User ID
- Enter Additional Speaker(s):
Contact and confirm that each of your co-presenters have created accounts. Select the "add another speaker" button underneath the Speaker(s) field. Then select the correct username using the autocomplete.
The Call for Proposals has closed. Thank you for your interest.